Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What Do You Wear to a Rooftop Pool Party?

Now, I know what to wear to a pool party in Vegas, or the Jersey shore:  the least amount of clothing, the maximum amount of oiled-up, tanned skin.  Show off your tats, pile on some bling, don your aviators, poof your poof, and get ready to untz-untz with the best of them.

Authentic Jersey Shore Rooftop Pool Party
That's my gorgeous bestie on the right.
Possible Snookie sighting far left.
Something tells me a PGA celebration on the rooftop of the Radisson in Rochester is going to look a little different..


If you are lucky enough to be on the guest list for one of the hottest parties in town, I am here to help you navigate that age-old question:  What do I wear?

Ladies:  It's going to be sunny and breezy, so shades are a must and a low-maintence 'do is recommended.  Think beachy waves or up off of your neck and out of your face.  As for wardrobe choices, you can't go wrong with a sundress.  What better way to soak in the summer evening air than in a comfortable, flowing dress?  No time to change after work?  No problem, plenty of people will be heading from the office to the rooftop, so business casual is just fine.  There will also be your fair share of party go-ers coming right off the course, so pro-shop chic will do as well.

Gents:  I have to say, you guys have it so much easier than we do.  Throw on khaki sorts, boat shoes, and a golf shirt and you can pretty much go anywhere.  When is the last time you heard a man whisper to another man:  "Can you believe he is wearing THAT?"   I'll tell you when:  NEVER.  When it comes to guys, the only thing they really need to remember is "no shirt, no shoes, no service." Everything else is fair game.

What everyone should leave at home:  swimwear, glitter, and fist-pumping dance moves.

What I'll be wearing:
(Photo from my trip to Mexico last October)
Guess Maxi Dress - I'll be scrapping the heels and evening bag, knotting the bottom and wearing flats.
I'll add some Beach waves and fun jewelry and I'll be good to go.
What will you be wearing Thursday night?

Not on the guest list?  Better hurry (space is limited) and you must be on the list for guaranteed admission and comp parking in the Radisson garage.  RSVP to rooftopparty@rochesteralist.com.

Hope to see you there!

xoxo

Jenny
The Flower City Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment